キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

CodeWarrior MacOS 9.5 stops responding on C++ compile

5,185件の閲覧回数
Kuroyume
Contributor I
I've just downloaded the 9.6 update but have not yet installed it. Nonetheless, CW has been working well on other projects (plugin libs) without incident. But a new plugin port is giving me pause.

This is MacOSX 10.4.5, CodeWarrior Development Studio MacOS 9.5, XCode 2.2.1 installed.

All of my plugins are developed on Windows in Visual C++ 6.0 before being ported to MacOS. After copying and fixing a standard project file and adding all of the appropriate source code, the compiler continues until a particularly large class (.cpp) file. Then it just hangs (spin wheel, "Not Responding" in Activity Monitor). This code compiles cleanly on VC++ and porting differences have been added to the code.

I donot know if it is the project size for the lib (VC++ churns out a 600KB lib - and this is nowhere near complete). Or if it is the code size for that class file. With no crash information, no warnings, no errors, there is little that I can do to determine a cause. This class is integral to the project, so it cannot just be ignored.

Thank you,
Robert
ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
4 返答(返信)

886件の閲覧回数
Kuroyume
Contributor I
Update: 9.6 update installed.

Double checked CW Preferences and Project settings. Still hanging on this class file. Could it be the stack usage of the class is causing it to hang? There are tons of local data in the methods, like lists of Strings (not STL, part of SDK) for parsing.

I don't know where to begin.

Thanks,
Robert
0 件の賞賛

886件の閲覧回数
marc_paquette
Contributor V

Without seeing the source file, I can't comment on what the problem might be. Can you post the smallest-possible source file that reproduces this problem?

Marc.

0 件の賞賛

886件の閲覧回数
Kuroyume
Contributor I
Hi Marc,

Should have gotten back here, but have been busy in other areas.

I found the cause of the compiler crash - it revolved around too many String variables (local stack) in two methods which were being used in while() loops for parsing. By commenting out all of the methods and uncommenting one at a time, the problem was determined. Making the strings literal in the conditionals inside the while() loops, it was able to compile, link, and run.

Since this is a static library being produced, I do not know where to set the stack size - if that is even possible for a static library on MacOS. That is my first guess - that the stack space available to the lib was overrun while trying to address all of the strings. That's just a guess.

This is the problem with this particular class file - it's huge. :smileyhappy: Over 2400 lines of source with half of it commented out while redesigning critical sections.

Thanks,
Robert
0 件の賞賛

886件の閲覧回数
marc_paquette
Contributor V
Do you have permission to share this source code? Can you still send me the smallest possible source file that reproduces the compiler crash? If so, I'd like to share it with the technical support staff to see what the problem is.

Marc. 
0 件の賞賛