cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW can't find ARTDIVREC_S16

Jump to solution
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

I am using the 56F8323 and CW v5.6.1 to write a program that includes floating point calculations.  It compiles OK, but I am getting a link error that says that ARTDIVREC_S16 is undefined. 

I tried adding all the 56800E float libraries I could find, all to no avail.  I found a sample application that uses fp and ARTDIVREC_S16.  It is demo_v42bis.mcp, and it includes only FP56800.lib, and MSL C 56800.lib. 

I already had MSL C 56800E.lib (along with fplib_advan_smm.lib, fllib_balan_smm.lib, plib_fast_smm.lib, and MSL C 56800E smm.lib).  I couldn't find anything called FP56800E.lib, and when I tried adding FP56800.lib, I got an error saying that it's for a different processor.

So, where is ARTDIVREC_S16 for the 56800E, or is there another way to make the error go away?  I tried searching for the ARTDIVREC_S16 source code, but couldn't find that, either.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Hi Pascal --

"I don't understand why you get this error.

Please can you provide us your project showing the problem`?"

I don't understand it either, but when I added the file manually, the error went away.  I had the same problem with an add and a multiply, but adding ftlib_fast_smm.lib fixed both of those.  My question is why related code is not co-located, but that isn't your responsibility, so I'll let it go.

Thanks for your help.

Gary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The CodeWarrior for DSC contains 2 development tools for DSP and DSPE.

Your project refers to DSP56F8323. It's a DSPE.

The lib FP56800.lib is for DSP and not for DSPE.

ARTDIVREC_S16 is a runtime function.

By default it's called by the compiler code generated.

This function is included in the ARTDIVREC_S32_01.asm file located in the folder:

CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8.2.3\M56800E Support\runtime_56800E\rtmpy_upperresult

I don't understand why you get this error.

Please can you provide us your project showing the problem`?

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Hi Pascal --

"I don't understand why you get this error.

Please can you provide us your project showing the problem`?"

I don't understand it either, but when I added the file manually, the error went away.  I had the same problem with an add and a multiply, but adding ftlib_fast_smm.lib fixed both of those.  My question is why related code is not co-located, but that isn't your responsibility, so I'll let it go.

Thanks for your help.

Gary

0 Kudos