the differennce between ML908QY4CP  and MC908QY4CP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the differennce between ML908QY4CP  and MC908QY4CP?

gjw
Contributor I
      I'm making a writer for QY4.
      In the  monitor mode, I can erase , Program and read Flash correctly with ML908QY4, but replace the  ML908QY4CP chip with MC908QY4CP, it doesn't work correctly. When I use the monitor command Read($4A), we can receive the echo data $4A,echo high address data and echo low address data , but  we can't receive the read data.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

qsaki_needhelp
Contributor I
Can any body help,to find a solution?.

I am doing a Production flash programmer for MC HC908 QY4.I entered monitor mode with Internal clock by applying RST\ =GND,operating on +5V VDD . and trying to communicate with a hyper terminal which is configured on 9600 baud.controller just echoing the commands but there is no results regarding the commands. If  you give a solution to this problem i should be thankfull..

Srijesh.
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi,

I think you might mean IRQ held to ground (not RST).
Note that this uses internal clock and only works when reset vector is blank!
It also needs the correct trim value programmed into location $FFC0.
This should be done on a fresh from the factory device. (But not if you bulk erase it!)
Rather than try to use hyperterminal or something like it, I would recommend this programme to get you started. You can see the low level commands it is sending to the device.

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi gjw,

The ML908QY4 is full part no. MC68HLC908QY4 and the
MC908QY4 is MC68HC908QY4

The ML is the low voltage/power version.

ML is optimised for 3volts and MC for 5volts (although both happy at 3.3volts)

Your main problem is probably the fact that the internal oscillator is 12.8MHz for 3.2MHz buss in an MC and 4MHz for 1MHz buss in an ML.

Forced Monitor mode with internal osc is 9600baud on MC and 4800baud on a ML

Hope this helps

Regards David

Message Edited by peg on 2006-07-12 08:41 AM

0 Kudos