cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pls..pls help,its urgent

vibhorkhanna
Contributor I
hello all,

i am using axiom cms8gp32 board rev. e with mc68hc908gp32 processor installed . please tell me how to program the microcontroller . i am not able to configure how to do it ?  please tell me step by step instructions or any web resource .  pls help....its urgent really..
i hav the cd(s) of code warrior and from axiom .

i m programming in c

this is what i hav done

i wrote the code and it ran successfully  i changed the debgger mode to MON08 mode and flash was programmed . the output was displayed at the port but when i switched it off code was lost.

i wanted to know how to permanently store code in uc memory

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RockyRoad
Contributor III

The HC08's have a monitor ROM built in that contains the routines to allow a programming and debugging tool to have access to the part. When the part is reset, the states of some of the pins are checked to see if the monitor ROM should be executed instead of the user's code in flash. You can see the details of this in the data sheet in the Monitor ROM chapter.

The montor ROM will always be selected if IRQ is tied to a high voltage called VTST. On the Axiom board this is MODE switch 3.

As the Axiom documentation says, MON08 mode is disabled and the program in flash memory (your program) is run in NORMAL MODE which is all MODE switches in the off position.

0 Kudos

RockyRoad
Contributor III
When you tried to run your application without the debugger, did you set the board so that it was NOT in MON08 mode. You could just be stuck in monitor mode after reset wait for monitor commands.
0 Kudos

vibhorkhanna
Contributor I

"When you tried to run your application without the debugger, did you set the board so that it was NOT in MON08 mode."

do you mean i have to vhange the mode switches back to all off state without pressing reset button.

" You could just be stuck in monitor mode after reset wait for monitor commands"

please explain as i new to freescale microcontrollers

0 Kudos