an2295 with JM60, Master does not appear to be relocating interrupt vectors.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an2295 with JM60, Master does not appear to be relocating interrupt vectors.

dm1001
Contributor I

I am attempting to add a bootloader function to a piece of firmware that is already fully functioning and tested. I am using the AN2295 Developer's Serial Bootloader to load load my main application onto my board which uses a JM60 8 bit micro.  I have imported and built the bootloader project and was able to program my device with the bootloader firmware.  I am able to connect to to the device with the master just fine, but when it looks at my s19 file it gives to following warning:

WARNING! S19 image will not fit into available memory (at address 0xFFBD)!

This is where it is defining the interrupt vectors of my program, when I go to AutoProgram I get the following:

Memory reading block 0:     R 0xFFBD 99%

Verification failed at block 0, address 0xFFBD, image: [0xFF], MCU: [0xFC]

Program memory failed.

Memory reading block 0:     R 0xFFBD 99%

Verification failed at block 0, address 0xFFBD, image: [0xFF], MCU: [0xFC]

Program memory failed.

From what I have read in the application note and in the forums, it looks like the master software is supposed to move these vectors for me, am I wrong in this assumption? Do I need to change some things in the settings files of the project to get this to work properly?

Also, I can't find the S19 Merge Tool software that is mentioned in section 11 of AN2295 on the Freescale website, can I get a link for this download?

Thanks,

Dave

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

The merge tool comes with AN2295SW.

After download AN2295SW from Freescale website (you can search AN295 from Freescale web site and download it) and then extract this software.

Then you will find the merge tool 'win_bisrconv.exe' in folder {AN2295SW}\masters\release\.

This tool can convert the vector for you automatically.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos