Where is the USB bootloader for MC9S08JE128 and MC9S08MM128 documented?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the USB bootloader for MC9S08JE128 and MC9S08MM128 documented?

nimblemachines
Contributor II

I looked in the chip reference manuals and found nothing, and unlike the JS16 - whose USB bootloader is documented in an app note - I couldn't find any relevant app notes for these parts. I'm interested in the gory details: the USB control requests implemented by the bootloader and what they do.

Do these chips use the same bootloader as the JS16?

And do the Coldfire versions - MCF51JE and MCF51MM - respond to the same USB control requests as their S08 cousins?

Thanks for any help finding this info.

- David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

MartinR
Contributor I

Hello.

I also searched for this boot loader documentation.

All USB boot loader tools I found on the Freescale web site are tools working with Flash-Based boot loaders that have to be compiled into the project and flashed (over BDM when flashing the first time). Tools using the boot ROM seem not to exist.

Maybe the boot ROM only contains dummy code (at least in some mask versions of the chips) so it is simply not working.

A disassembly and re-engineering of the boot ROM seems to be the only possibility for you to find out the truth. Note: If you want to do this in the USA you have to ask Freescale for permission - otherwise it is illegal. (In Europe you would not need to ask for permission).

Martin

0 Kudos

chniiiii
Contributor I

Hi

I bought MC9S08MM128 DEMO board (XL_STAR).

I installed CodeWarrior 10.2 (windows Version) in my system. And I created one sample program and I tried to flash the program into micro controller. As i am using this for the first time. It was asking me to put controller in BOOT LOADER mode to upgrade the firmware. I put it in Bootloader mode as suggested in XL_STAR User Manual Documentation. After upgrading of Firmware it showed me the window saying that unplug the USB and put the Micro controller in normal mode, again plug the USB to system.

Now the problem is system is showing "USB is not recognized" and also the Default LED's of micro controller also not glowing except power LED.

This is the problem I got. So can you please help me out.

0 Kudos