cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - need 908AZ32A personality file for SPGMR

colinh
Contributor I
Hi
I've got a client stuck in front of an irate auto manufacturer trying to program the above micros using an old serial SPGMR but they dont have the right personality file. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Colin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

colinh
Contributor I
Thanks Everyone

My colleagues managed to get their micros programmed, now they are having worse problems trying to get 805K3's programmed - but that's another story!

Cheers
Colin
0 Kudos

colinh
Contributor I
Hi Rocco

Thanks for the response. The MCU-Scribe PC tool that talks to the SPGMR uses .MMP files. The format of these appears different to the .08P files. Do you know if the PC app (PROG08SZ?) that uses the .08P type files is compatible with the SPGMR?

Cheers
Colin
0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Colin:

I had to go back and research . . .

I have a couple of SPGMRs, and had a problem with MCUscribe a few years back (I can't recall the problem). I put in a service request for help, and was told that Motorola did not support MCUscribe anymore (I hear that a lot) and to download PROG08SZ from P&E instead.

So that's what we now use on our SPGMRs, even though it has a god-awful user-interface.
0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II

Yes, it was service request 1-25116511 on January 15,2002. It went like this:

"Where did you move the software downloads? I've looked all over. I need the latest version of MCUscribe. I need to program HC908GP32s."

The reply listed on the log, from 1-EZBEQ (whoever that is) says:

"Left a message on voicemail that he should use P&E software from www.pemicro.com".

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi Colin,

I sent a bunch of files to Matthew, please check with him.
In the meantime, I found the attached file on my hard drive and it may suits you...
Remove the txt from filename.

Cheers,
Alban.

0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Colin:

I believe the file you need is named "908_AZ32A.08P" and can be found on the P&E website:

https://www.pemicro.com/support/flash_list_menu.cfm

Message Edited by rocco on 2006-09-05 04:43 PM

0 Kudos