S9G48MLCIN75C and 9S12G48F1MLC, are these exact replacement to each other?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9G48MLCIN75C and 9S12G48F1MLC, are these exact replacement to each other?

One of my customer was using S9G48MLCIN75C. Due to some reason now they have stated that 9S12G48F1MLC is the exact alternate to the former one and placed an order on us. Now after the supplies they have rasied a concern that they are not able to programm it.

I want to ask the following from the community:

1. What are the factors affecting shifting a program written for a particular IC to the other? 

2. I'm not able to compare both the data sheets as the datasheet of S9G48MLCIN75C is not available. Could it be a proprietary part? 

Please enlighten me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

9S12G48F1MLC is a mask set 1N75C
S9G48MLCIN75C … I hope I is a typo and it means 1N75C …
The top PN is an automotive PN where mask set is a code inside a part number. F1=1N75C
The other PN presents real mask set number. Usually, a mask set was printed on the next line at MCU but because of space it was glued to a PN.

The data sheet is the same
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MC9S12GRMV1.pdf
The errata list for mask set 1N75C
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/MSE9S12G64_1N75C.html

Programming…
- Do they tested both devices at the same time to exclude flash programmer error?
- The devices are the same so there is no necessity to search for internal differences.
- Oscillator is not a problem because the MCU is running from internal oscillator after reset. The problem of the oscillator circuitry design can be in an application if external oscillator is used. The design can be on the edge of parameters. Standard mistake is incorrectly designed load capacitor. It must be C1=C2 >= 2*CL (CL is load capacitance from oscillator data sheet)
- If you have new design of the board you should check correct placement of the MCU (pin 1) as well as BDM cable orientation (the programmer connector as well as BDM connector on the board)
- The MCU is secured and the first command before programming must be mass erase.
- If nothing from above you should check voltage levels on the all MCU supply pins.
- If you bought the MCU from an unofficial supplier (broker) then we do not provide quality guaranty.
- If you are sure everything is OK from your site you can do Warranty return via distributor you bought the device from.

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos