cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with MC9S08DZ60 IIC with EEPROM

harisatuluri
Contributor III

Hi

I am trying to write and read data to an EEPROM using IIC in MC9S08DZ60. The problem is i am using while i am debugging the code step by step i can see the written and read Data is same. But when i use it and run using any application it is reading some garbage values. can any one clear me this problem and please explain me why this type of problem arises. I am using AT24C32A as an EEPROM.  thanks in advance for your replies.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

weapon
Senior Contributor I

Hi Satuluri, did you try to slow down the bitrate? and how about the waveform on the pins? is there any noise?  we have to make sure it's hardware issue or a software issue firstly.

0 Kudos

harisatuluri
Contributor III

Hi Weiping,

Thanks for your reply, now the problem is solved, mistake is mine, while i am using EEPROM, the datasheet of eeprom states that we need to give some delay after every write cycle. but the delay i am generating is less when compared to delay given in datasheet later i increased the delay as per requirements and got out of the problem.

0 Kudos

weapon
Senior Contributor I

Great, that make me recall that EEPROM need some time to write the data into its memory. :smileylaugh: