cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAN4555ETU pin connections - MC13213SRB

josehida
Contributor I
Hello,

I am using a PAN4555etu, the problem is that it does not transmit far away than 3 meters and I think it is due to wrongly connection. Does anybody attach how connect it? I only want to transmit data to a MC13213SRB, so it is not necesary any wire to digital or analog input.

Regards,
Jose

Added p/n to subject

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2008-10-03 07:06 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

josehida
Contributor I
Hello again,

Thank you very much Ware. I have some questions. :smileywink:

Is it possible that if I do not wire VADD to GND through bypass capacitor, my transceiver does not transmit far away? Because the others pins are connected like you do.

How far have you been able to separate each other and to receive information?

The pins 13 and 14 are GND and are I/O, so if you make in number 15 GND the others have GND as well. But, do you think it is gonna be better if you wire 13 and 14 to GND directly?

Thanks a lots and my best regards.
Jose

Message Edited by josehida on 2008-10-02 11:03 AM
0 Kudos

Ware
Contributor III

The bypass cap could make a difference...  the app note does call for it.

I didn't do any range tests on the etu version, but I am usin the pan4555 on my product and I get at least 200 feet (through multiple walls).

Pins 13 to 15 are shorted on the carrier board (doesn't hurt to short them on your side though).

Regards,
 - Ware

0 Kudos

josehida
Contributor I
I am using to test ETU version right now which has a ceramic antenna, but I will probably work with PAN4555 without ceramic one. which one them do you utilize?
My English is not good enough, and I do not know if I am right, but I read

Ware wrote:

NOTE: I am using one antenna, one balun, and one matching ckt connected to the RFIN+/RFIN- pins with nothing connected to the PAO+/PAO- pins... Just like the "SINGLE PORT MODE" demo board FSL564-1 SED.  So without this feature enabled, my radio will not transmit (only receives).

I think you use without ceramic antenna as I want. The problem would be the anntena adaption, thereforce, how do you do the antenna adaptation in your PCB to maximize the transmitted power?

Regards, Jose

0 Kudos

Ware
Contributor III

Actually, since then, I have changed the design I am using (I am now utilizing the ceramic antenna).  But from a software point of view, it would be the same as any other single antenna using the internal T/R switch.

As far as the hardare goes (matching circuit, etc) I am not the right person to ask.  Back then, I was using the SED reference design (which seemed to work alright).  There might be a few RF gurus here that might be able to help if you have a specific question.

Regards,
 - Ware

0 Kudos

Ware
Contributor III

Yes, see attached.

Regards,
 - Ware
0 Kudos