cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola MCU's from Seagate HDD's - need identify

Worfvx
Contributor III

Hello,

i need identify some Motorola MCU's from older Conner /Seagate HDD's. I need know identify as MC68HC part:

SC415016AFU 0E87J

SC415016AFU 0E61H

SC415016CFU 0F17V

SC415111FU 3C94R

SC416880FU 1G24M

SC416880FU 0G79C

SC439566FU8 0G14T

Do you can help me someone, very please?

Very thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

WadeH
Contributor III

Many of the sub-gigabyte Conner drives had some version of a 68HC11A or -E on them: this is from personal experience. I have _heard_ that some had 68HC16s and 68HC11Fs.

The HC11A-types had an internal ROM, but it was not used. Many of those I looked at (20 or so) had a version of the BUFFALO monitor on board and a very few had (presumably non-functional) Chrysler Corporation engine-control code. Those with the BUFFALO-monitor can be brought up with the super-special monitor connection (Vague, I know:It's been a long time) and reprogrammed to boot the monitor. Those without the monitor can be used to execute a 256-byte program from EEPROM.

Most of them ran at 2MHz bus-clock and a few later ones at 3MHz.

It would be quite a bit of work to exploit these. The amount of fun is up to you

Wade Hassler

0 Kudos

Worfvx
Contributor III

Thanks for your help, Wade H. I have some HDD's boards in photos. I can send this photos to you for better exact identification. Do you can make this for me? I need also identify MCU on some others HDD boards, example Seagate ST-251.

0 Kudos

Juls
Contributor III

im afraid you wont get answer

its probably part of NDA

if you are sure its mc68h part maybe you could try to read the info you can inside the chip maybe its model is there

0 Kudos

Worfvx
Contributor III

inside the chip?

0 Kudos