MC9S08AW60 and MCS08AW32 similar ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S08AW60 and MCS08AW32 similar ?

Richard777
Contributor I
Hi guys, I have a application developed to S08AW60 working fine, but due a my mistake I download the firmware to S08AW32 and work ok !!!:smileysurprised: It's is possible ?

Thanks in advance ! and sorry for my english
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

UK_CF_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
HI Richard,

You will find that the AW60 and the AW32 share the same mask-set number. The mask-set number is a unique identifier to us inside Freescale, as specifies the silicon inside the part exactly. I would expect this number to be 5M75B.

So the AW60 and the AW32 share the same silicon. That means that the AW32 is identical to the AW60 silicon, and has the same memory. During test, we will set out to only test the 32kbytes of flash in the AW32. The remaining flash inside the device is still present, but is not tested. We will not guarantee that it works, or offer any guarantees of reliability, and we do not recommend that you use this flash.

Many years ago, products may have been "binned", and so any device failing 60kbyte flash test may end up being marked as a 32kbyte part. Production timescales now mean that we do not have sufficient time to do this, and so we run specific 32k and 60k tests. If a device fails, it is discarded.

So I am not surprised about the behaviour of your part.

Mark
0 Kudos

Richard777
Contributor I
Thanks very much Mark !
0 Kudos