MC705P6ACPE vs MC705P6ECPE; how are they different?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

MC705P6ACPE vs MC705P6ECPE; how are they different?

跳至解决方案
862 次查看
walter_wpg
Contributor I

We have an old product design that uses the MC705P6ACPE microcontroller, in DIP-28 package. This device was discontinued in 2014/2015. In searching the NXP web site, I see a similar-numbered device, the MC705P6ECPE, also discontinued. I am trying to determine if we could use the "ECPE" version in place of the "ACPE" version, but I cannot find any of the old Freescale documents which explain how these two parts are same/different. There are separate NXP pages for these two parts, but they both link to the same data sheet, and the data sheet doesn't list these part numbers.

1 解答
838 次查看
walter_wpg
Contributor I

Thanks. I also received this reply from NXP Tech Support:

Please find the mask set information in the DESCRIPTION OF CHANGE in this link:
https://www.nxp.com/files-static/shared/doc/pcn/PCN14757.htm

The current mask set for P6A is K07B whereas P6E is K04D.

K07B and K04D are basically the same, except that extra EMC circuitry is added in K04D (P6E). Schmitt trigger and RC filter were added to the P6E Oscillator circuitry to improve EMC susceptibility.

EMC Enhancement means electrical fast transients (EFTs) immunity.

As far as I know, it is assumed that the P6A specification covers all performance of P6E, excluding the fact that P6E has better EMC performance.

In other words, the ECPE part is functionally the same as the original ACPE part, but has an improved oscillator. Based on this reply, I think we are pretty safe in buying and using the ECPE parts for our limited legacy build application.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
3 回复数
839 次查看
walter_wpg
Contributor I

Thanks. I also received this reply from NXP Tech Support:

Please find the mask set information in the DESCRIPTION OF CHANGE in this link:
https://www.nxp.com/files-static/shared/doc/pcn/PCN14757.htm

The current mask set for P6A is K07B whereas P6E is K04D.

K07B and K04D are basically the same, except that extra EMC circuitry is added in K04D (P6E). Schmitt trigger and RC filter were added to the P6E Oscillator circuitry to improve EMC susceptibility.

EMC Enhancement means electrical fast transients (EFTs) immunity.

As far as I know, it is assumed that the P6A specification covers all performance of P6E, excluding the fact that P6E has better EMC performance.

In other words, the ECPE part is functionally the same as the original ACPE part, but has an improved oscillator. Based on this reply, I think we are pretty safe in buying and using the ECPE parts for our limited legacy build application.

0 项奖励
831 次查看
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes

847 次查看
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Both parts are old, but yes both parts have  the same functions