cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13213 HCS08 device hanged

UC3MZigbeeGroup
Contributor I
Hi,

We have built a 802.15.4 network with five devices sending information to each other, some of the packets being sent are broadcast packets.

After a couple hours, some devices stop working properly. They stop transmitting and receiving. We then have to reboot them in order to get them back on track again.

We have noticed with the debugger (True-Time Simulator & Real-Time Debugger v6.1 Build 6124) that the devices that stop working are continuosly executing the function called "MC1319xInterrupt", contained in the file MC1319xHandler.c.

However, the debugger showed us that one of the devices that was not transmitting nor receiving, was entering the Idle Task one time after another, maybe because it stopped receiving events from the MAC layer.

But in both cases, the devices should continue to receive those broadcast packets that are sent over the network.

Our application is based on MAC Codebase 1.0.1.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RickN
Contributor I
Hi,

Can you take a look at Register 0x24, IRQ_Status, when a device is hung?   Take a look for anything unusual, like pll_lock_irq, not being handled properly. 

Thanks,

Rick
0 Kudos

UC3MZigbeeGroup
Contributor I
Hi RickN,

how can I look at the value of the Register 0x24, IRQ_Status, in the debugger?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos

RickN
Contributor I
There is a function call to read registers from the rf modem in SMAC/drivers.c

/*!
 * \brief SPIDrvRead : Read 1 word from SPI
 * \param u8Addr - SPI address
 * \return u16Data -  u16Data[0] is the MSB, u16Data[1] is the LSB
 */
UINT16 SPIDrvRead(UINT8 u8Addr)

The debugger is connected to the 9S08GTxx.  The rf transceiver communicates to the 9S08GTxx via SPI port.

- Rick
0 Kudos