取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

M9S08JM60  Is anyone using these yet?

11,266 次查看
TurboBob
Contributor IV
The JM series is just in time to keep me from giving up on Freescale and switching to another manufacturer with integrated USB.  My last project used the AW60, and an FTDI USB interface.  It was frustrating to pay more for the comm's chip than the CPU.  The private labelling of the USB drivers went ok, and I was able to modify the AN2295 bootloader to work.  I am hoping the USB solution provided by the JM series will work smoothly (Windows is usually the biggest problem....)

So,  has anyone got the demo kit yet?  I have been reading thru the doc's, but there is nothing better than having hardware to experiment with.

Is it possible that the JM60 can be a USB host, and save data in a USB flash drive?

I am hoping that Codewarrior 5.1 will work with these, as I don't want to have yet another installation of codewarrior on my machine (running 3.1 and 5.1)

Thanks guys, and Happy NewYear!!

Bob Bailey
Bailey Engineering
标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
97 回复数

1,015 次查看
Nik
Contributor III
What is different about these PCs?  Same OS?  I have tried a six PCs, with XP and Vista. I am using VS 2008, though.
0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
Inebriated
Contributor I
Hi Jim,

Essentially, I can observe the windows ballon showing it detected the HID LED demo board and eventually saying that the device has been configured and is ready to be used. Also, from the device manager, I can see the HID LED demo device there.

Thanks.

John
0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
dp
Contributor III
...and yes, I did load everything from the DVD.
Dave
0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
dp
Contributor III
I see at the PE Micro site that their DEMOQE TOOLKIT contains CW projects that appear very close to the code that came installed in the DEMOJM. Maybe they just don't have it available yet. I'll take it up with them. Thanks.
Dave
0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Dave,

I can tell you this, none of the P&E programs that require the demo software to do something work with DEMOJM . All the sample code was a CMX effort, and P&E really just did the hardware, unlike the DEMOQE.

I have talked to P&E about getting these to work with DEMOJM, basically using my modified HID demo as the CMX code does nothing with the accelerometer.

However, until Freescale publishes my updated demo, I have this on hold, as the current demo does simply not provide any hooks, and P&E is not going to change the CMX code.

I will try re burning the original demo, but now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing any code for the pot or speaker in the source code. I do know the hid demo from the code sample should work with the PC app. To be honest, I think I burned from the source code right away, so I may not have noticed the features you mention.

I suppose it is possible that the original demo code never got shipped. Since P&E manufactures the board, it is possible what the factory burn for the demo is different. from what CMX delivers.

I will check into this.
Update:
The hid demo, burned from
 C:\CMXUSB_LITE\CDRO\usb-peripheral\projects\CodeWarrior\hc9S08jm60\hid-demo
Holding SW2  and resetting did work with hid-led-demo for me.

Also the P&E logic analyzer connects, and the Serial Grapher connects, but since the code sends nothing it will of course it will  not graph any thing.

PTE2/3 connect to the logic analyzer, so if you write code to toggle them, you should see it on the display.

I suppose the QE Serial Grapher code could be ported form the QE demo if you needed it. It's a cute trick that might be useful, but since the built in P&E USB serial port interface is not exposed, I never saw any use for it myself.

If you really must have the original demo, I suppose you could ask P&E, but explain yourself very clearly as they probably don't know about this. As I said, CMX provided the demo software.

Message Edited by JimDon on 2008-02-23 12:28 AM
0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
dp
Contributor III

PE Micro sent me the CW project for the original firmware that ships with the DEMOJM board. They have given me permission to upload it here.
Dave

DEMO9S08JM60_Quick_Start1.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-27 12:43 PM
0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Oh, ya I remember that code from the QE demo.

Don't really de bounce keys like that. It doesn't really de bounce the keys, it just delays 10ms, which sort of de bounces them but not really (you are supposed to ensure that the value has stopped changing for n amount of time). It also does not take take into account that another key may have been pressed plus it hangs until you release the key. It work for the demo fine, but may not produce the results you need in a real appication.

0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
TurboBob
Contributor IV
Yes, I have received my demo board.  I agree that it is an extremely nice demo board.

I'm new to USB as far as working with it directly.  My last project used the 9S08AW60 and an FTDI FT232RL in VCP (Virtual Com Port) mode.  It had its drawbacks, but in the end worked pretty well.

My plan is to have the PC and 9S08JM exchange a few hundred bytes, probably using the BIOS tick as a time base.  At this point its not clear how best to implement this,  but I'm sure once I get into it a solution will be straightforward.

Thanks

Bob

0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
TurboBob
Contributor IV
Excellent to hear.  I received my demo board but have not fired it up yet.

The JM chips look to be perfect for my next 2 or 3 projects.

I am looking forward to the DLL,  I want a no-hassle install for my next project.

I am using C++Builder5 for my Windows stuff, as it is really simple to create decent apps. 

My next project I just need to exchange small amounts of data with the PC, so the HID mode should work well.

I am implementing a Graphical LCD, and will post the code as a small contribution to the community.

Regards,

Bob
0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
wesleyR
Contributor I

Hi, I have a new JM60 board that I have been trying to learn USB with. Reading through USB documentation, HID class documentation and the example code has been quite overwhelming. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction (a direction that maybe does not require learning how the USB Driver works completely but instead just how to use it). What I am trying to do is stream large packets of data (~128 bytes) from the host (a C++/C# program) to the microprocessor. The microprocessor will then process this data and when it is ready it will request/process the next packet. I have been trying to modify the HID generic example but this has proven to be more difficult then I expected.

I have tried modifying the geh_report_descriptor to increase the max number of bytes that can be sent but have only been able to get a very small number working. What is the maximum packet size the JM60 can take? Can I not write to all of the USB RAM available for endpoint buffers (223 bytes) at a single time?

Any help would be great!

Thank you!
Wes

0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
JimDon
Senior Contributor III
The maximum payload for full speed is 64 bytes, as per the spec.

Not sure what the maximum is for the JM60/CMX Stack.

Regardless of what the total is, how much bandwidth are you talking about?
In other words, how much data in how much time.

Also, the provided pc application will lose packets, however  there  is other code available to solve that.

0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
ac
Contributor I
hi, i'm kinda new to this, can you help me..

i'm using mc9s08jm60 microchip, what preprocessor directive(.h) should i include to program it?

tnx alot..
0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
UtopiaTim
Contributor III
Hi Bob,

The ap note comments (& wishes) were directed at the I2C portion of the
code that I'm working on.  Will start on the USB section a bit later on.

It does look like some of the downloadable USB stuff is pretty
good tho.

Tim

0 项奖励
回复

1,015 次查看
UtopiaTim
Contributor III
Hi Bob,

I'm in a similar position as you - just started looking for a USB part when the 60
came out.

The only service packs that have the JM60 listed (that I've seen) are for CW 6.0 & 6.1,
so looks like you are gonna have to upgrade.

As I understand it, the example code for the project hasn't been released yet, so don't
think they are shipping the board yet.  Think it is sometime in Mid January.

I've started working on my code... (a newbie to USB & C), but starting to see the light.

The examples that I've gleaned from various ap notes leave a bit to be desired - great if
you want to talk to memories or other micros, but nothing specific to things like real
time clocks, etc.  Would be great if F'scale would publish an ap-note with the basics -
take a 'typical' Maxim RTC (or any of the other 'simple' I2C parts), & write both interrupt
driven and polled routines.

Anyhow, hope things go well for you in the new year!!

Tim
0 项奖励
回复