Flashing a HCS08-Board with the IEEE 802.15.4 Code Stack via bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing a HCS08-Board with the IEEE 802.15.4 Code Stack via bootloader

fera0013
Contributor I
I have downloaded the Freescale IEEE 802.15.4 Code Stack and I want to flash the "My_Wireless_app" - Demo Application  to an evaluation board which uses a bootloader (none of the freescale boards). Unfortunately, building of the project doesn't produce a file which can be flashed via bootloader (loader_s19).

Does anyone know which changes I have to make in the project?

Thanks,

Ralph
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Ware
Contributor III

If I understand you correctly, you have used BeeKit (with the IEEE802.15.4 CodeBase) to produce "My_Wireless_app" demo solution...  if you have not done so already you need to do the following:
 - Export Solution ("Solution" Menu -> "Export Solution")
 - Import ".xml" solution into CodeWarrior ("File" Menu -> "Import Project")
 - Compile project

Now (if there were no errors) you have a ".s19" object file to flash your device.

- Ware

0 Kudos

fera0013
Contributor I
Thanks for your answer, but that wasn't my problem: I am able to  built the "My_Wireless_App" without any error. But since I use a board which can only be flashed via the embedded bootloader, I can not flash the  demo application to the board.
My question is: What do I have to change in the project (settings etc.)  to built an .s19 file which can be flashed via bootloader?
0 Kudos

FlyFisherman
Contributor I
Hi fera0013,

in the menu edit you could find projectName settings..., click on it and you will see a window with the settings  of the project. In this window select Linker for HC08 (in the left pannel) and after Option. You will see a menu in wich you could choose Output and after mark the flag Generate a S-record file.

These should be the steps and in the bin folder you should find a S19 file.

Regards
FlyFisherman
0 Kudos

fera0013
Contributor I
thanks, but:
I do have an .s19 file. But I cannot flash an .s19 file  to a HC08 with an embedded bootloader. To do that, I have to make some changes in the project. And I want to know, what I have to change.
0 Kudos

FlyFisherman
Contributor I
Sorry, but from the previous mail I didn't understand that you always had a .s19 file.

Now, the question is: what kind of bootloader are you using? I suppose you are using the embedded bootloader provided with the test tool (correct me if I'm wrong).

If this is the situation, so, in the menu edit you could find projectName settings..., click on it and you will see a window with the settings  of the project. In this window select Compiler for HC08  (in the left pannel) and in the command line arguments you can add -DBOOTLOADER_ENABLED (is something like a define in the main program).

But, if you have doubts, you could read the 802154EBRM.pdf, this is the reference manual for the embedded bootloader.

Regards

0 Kudos

exub
Contributor I
I tried to download the test tool from this location:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=BEEKIT_WIRELESS_CONNECTIVITY_TOOLKIT&...
under the name Beekit Wireless Connectivity ToolKit. But for some reason, it does not install any test tool on the PC.

Does anyone know where to find the test tool for 1321xNSK-BDM?

Thanks.

Message Edited by exub on 2007-05-31 11:53 PM
0 Kudos

FlyFisherman
Contributor I
Hi exub,

the Beekit can be downloaded from Freescale Site, but the TesTool comes within the Cd of the development boards.
I looked for the TesTool in the net but I wasn't able to find it. If you get it, please keep me update in this thread.

Regards
FlyFisherman

0 Kudos