802.15.4 Using SRB as a packet sniffer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.15.4 Using SRB as a packet sniffer

strikecity
Contributor I
It seems like it'd be a pretty quick job for someone to modify one of Beekit's included "My Wireless App" projects to print every valid 802.15.4 packet to the UART. Has anyone done this already? On a similar note, why doesn't Freescale release firmware for the SRB or SARD that'd allow these boards to be a Daintree sniffer. I'm up to my elbows in these eval boards, and I'd like to avoid spending $400 on a dedicated sniffer.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

MartinHpLogi
Contributor I

Srb 08 version? impossible because the uart module is not enough fast to get ack 802.15.4.
SRB ARM7 version? you only need flash the board with the freescale test tool application. This is Beacuase Daitree support USB mc1322x board version and the SRB and USB are practically the same board.

Or you can go to www.ubilogix.com and check your 802.15.4 network sniffer solution.

Sorry for grammar.

0 Kudos

MartinHpLogi
Contributor I

What SRB version have? the 08 or the ARM7? if you have the arm version you only need flash the board with freescale Testool  application. Daitree suport the mc1322x usb version and basically the USB and SRB  version are identically.
If you have the 08 version is practically impossible get the 802.15.4 ack becase the uart module on this microcontorllers is not enough fast.

sorry for the grammar. 

Message Edited by Martin Hp on 2009-12-04 02:02 AM
0 Kudos

zoz
Contributor I
I am trying to do the same!

I would like my application to work in promiscuous mode to develop a sniffer.
I set the promiscuous mode and the RxOnWhenIdle mode to TRUE.

There is a network working with the demo application. When an end device joins the network the  MCPS_NWK_SapHandler of my device gets 1 message with message type gMcpsPromInd_c. (It should receive more: Assoc req, Ack, Assoc res, Ack) BUT when an end device sends data to the coordinator nothing happens, the MCPS_NWK_SapHandler is not even accessed.

Do you know how to work properly in promiscuous mode ? Please help! Have you managed to do it?
0 Kudos