MCUXpresso constantly crashing when building or launching debugging

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso constantly crashing when building or launching debugging

csvance
Contributor II

Hi, I recently downloaded MCUXpresso to work on a project using a K66F board. Unfortunately, it seems like 3/4 times I try to debug, and maybe 1/4 times I build the IDE completely crashes, often without leaving any error message in workspace/.meta/.log, and never displaying the cause for the crash before crashing.

My system: 

• MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3
  • MCUXpresso IDE 10.1.1 [Build 606] [2018-01-02]
  • KSDK 2.3.0 (2017-11-16)
  • Oracle Java 8 Update 161 1.8.0_161-b12

I think this is unrelated to the issue on High Sierra where deleting a big chunk of text crashes the IDE. Although that does trigger a crash on my system as well.

Carroll

Labels (1)
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MCUXpresso IDE is currently based on the Eclipse "Neon" framework - which is now know to have issues on Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra). We believe that such issues to be fixed in our next MCUXpresso IDE release (which will use Eclipse "Oxygen" framework). In the meantime, a user has produced a patch of one of part of the underlying framework which seems to resolve the issues running the current version of MCUXpresso IDE on Mac OS 10.13:

https://community.nxp.com/message/977463?commentID=977463#comment-970026 

Hopefully this will resolve the issues you are seeing.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

csvance
Contributor II

Hello, 

After installing that patch I am not longer receiving crashes while building or debugging on macOS High Sierra! I didn't realize that this bug could manifest itself in more ways than just crashing when deleting a large block of text.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Carroll

0 Kudos

csvance
Contributor II

I just installed MCUXpresso on Windows 10 and my project runs fine. But I would really like to get it working on my primary development machine (the mac in the original post)

0 Kudos