cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading program file from a LPC chip with MCUXpresso

rudycoppens
Contributor III

Hello,

I am struggling with getting a bootloader axf file and a program boot axf file into one axf file to program it in one time.
You would say that you can do it by first programming the bootloader and than the programming the program. If that works you download the complete code out of the chip.
But I can't find the option in MCUXpresso to read the code from the chip. I am using the LPC-Link 1 for this.

3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suspect you aren't currently connected to the target -> You need to have an active debug connection down to the target MCU in order to view (and hence save) memory.

This can either be a standard debug connection, or if you have already got everything programmed down to memory, you could start an attach-only connection (see section 10.3.1, "Connecting to a running target (attach)" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide for more details).

Then once the target is paused, open a Memory view onto the start of flash, and you should then be able to save.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

rudycoppens
Contributor III

Thanks for the fast response! 

I have tried your options. I would really like to use the first option with the memory exporting but I can't click on that function, it's not active. 

Can you tell me which programmer you need to do this. I am now using a PLC-Link 1 for programming. 

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You could use the memory view, as per:

Or it might be easier to convert each of the AXF to s records (or similar) which you can do using the supplied objcopy tool (as per MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide section 16.11,"Creating bin,hex or S-Record files"), and then "merge" them - for instance using a tool like "srecord" (external link : SRecord 1.64 ).  You might find this article helpful too : Merging S19 Files | MCU on Eclipse 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support