USB TAP is really unstable!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB TAP is really unstable!

jessejae
Contributor I

I searched all over the same questions, no solution at all.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

5 Replies

merigotbertrand
Contributor III

Hi jesse,

During the troubleshooting, I got with the 56F8567 and the USBTAP,

When I look carefully with a scope the JTAG/Once chronology programming a DSC with the USB TAP, the JTAG keep the RESET signal during fist serial sending the TCK/TDI signal. During this short period of time the micro is in debug to initiate the JTAG communication and the reset signal is released. I had the same message due to the hardware. In your case, you should keep your RESET\  signal tied to VDD and only drived by your USB tap to let your UTAP initiate your JTAG.

So, You should check if your reset signal is fixed by your hardware somewhere else.

Bertrand

0 Kudos

merigotbertrand
Contributor III

Hi Ben, I work with DSC family and kinetis family :

On my side, USB TAP used to work well with XP Os, and code warrior connection server.

I use this USB TAP on different OS system. I went through different software stability problem when I bring this programming chain on Windows seven and above. Now I always use my old XP software chain to keep stable with my DSC chain.

I use a PE multilink Universal FX programmer for the kinetis family and it works also perfect.

I would like to use the PE multilink for DSC :

what kind of software to you use with it for DSC (prog and debug)  (PROGDSC ? or the code warrior IDE ?)

0 Kudos

Ben
Senior Contributor I

I had a lot of troubles with the USB TAP device too, with the metal model and with the black plastic model too.

Not only that it is not stable, it has problem in stopping at the correct address with breakpoints (works good only in a simple short job).

This issue has been handled by Paulina from the support team 2-3 years ago, but all was in vain. She told me that the development team admitted that there are bugs, but they did not issue a new firmware.

I recommend you to use the PE Multilink Universal for DSC. It works perfect.

jessejae
Contributor I

I checked connection cable, also to mention the board is always OK with my PC and colleagues, this error happens occasionally.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jesse,

If you use the white steel case USBTAP, i suppose that you can replace it with a black plastic case one.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos