cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDA destroyed

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hello everyone

I did the wrong thing with the SDA interface, just used the JTAG on the FRDM board for the wrong target. Now it is necessary to program again. I suppose it is enough to use again the JTAG and reprogram the small processor. but it does not work. The files I find are .bin and I don t know how to use with the KDS. Is there a way to build the .elf from the source code?? Or a valid suggestion to repair everything.. 
Suggestion needed

Thank You everyone

Pietro

Tags (1)
3 Replies

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

Thank You for following..

I always fit with the JTAG, so it is not usual for me to use the SDA for debugging.

But once I did the wrong thing and now the SDA uP is deleted.

I am using the FRDM-K64.

The situation now is some examples need the SDA as a serial port... but I have no more.

In the users guide the files are used as .elf format. The files I find for reflashing the the SDA are .bin.

I suppose the .elf files should be available.. I see the source code of the SDA, so I wander if I should 

load everything as a project in KDS and build the elf file as for debugging. 

It seems to me not necessary, I expect it should be simpler

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pietro,

You update reprogram the OpenSDA firmware refer to below link:

I use MCUXpresso as developOpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP  

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

So do you want to use external debugger or the OpenSDA  ?

And could you please take a video or take a screenshot about your steps and error ?

Which board ?

About debug board or flashing on KDS, you can have a look at

"KDS_Users_Guide" ->2.5 Debugging Projects 

2.6 Flashing from file

BR

Alice