How to use Config Tools integrated in MCUXpresso IDE ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Config Tools integrated in MCUXpresso IDE ?

Jump to solution
geoffsokoll
Contributor I

I'm trying to use the Clocks and Pins config tools integrated in MCUXpresso, without much luck.

I have the current MCUXpresso installed (v 10.1.), and have downloaded and installed the SDK for a FRDM-KL27Z board.  The NXP list of supported devices indicates this board is fully supported for Pins and Clocks config tools (although only partially supported for the Peripherals tool).

I start MCUXpresso, create a new C/C++ project using the FRDM-KL27Z board using defaults. I then open the Pins perspective (using Window... Perspective... Open Perspective... Other... Pins) but the resulting view says "No processor selected".  If I change to the Clocks perspective instead, it reports an error "MCU is not selected".  So how the heck do you select the processor ? 

I'd look in the documentation for the config tools, if only it existed...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Geoff Sokoll ,

Doest your PC connect to internet ? as to the MCUXpresso Config Tools is installed without the data for MCUs and boards, and the data are download on demand via internet at first time.

There also another methed without internet , please have a look at this DOC:

How to Use MCUXpresso Config Tools on Offline Computer  

Also please switch view from below :

pastedImage_2.png

BTW, the FRDM-KL27 also support Peripherals now .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Geoff Sokoll ,

Doest your PC connect to internet ? as to the MCUXpresso Config Tools is installed without the data for MCUs and boards, and the data are download on demand via internet at first time.

There also another methed without internet , please have a look at this DOC:

How to Use MCUXpresso Config Tools on Offline Computer  

Also please switch view from below :

pastedImage_2.png

BTW, the FRDM-KL27 also support Peripherals now .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
geoffsokoll
Contributor I

Thanks Alice.  With your suggestions, I was able to make it work.  I did not see the little "X" icon for the config tool (and it was greyed out unless the top-level project was selected).

It would help if NXP's page for documentation on the Config Tool (MCUXpresso Config Tools|NXP ) actually included a reference to the IDE user's guide.  It currently only shows user's guides for the web-based version and standalone desktop version.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Geoff,

You are welcome.

About the Config Tool on MCUXpresso IDE, you can refer to "MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide"->

11. MCUXpresso Config Tools

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
geoffsokoll
Contributor I

Thanks Alice.  As I mentioned before, the NXP website only has links to the standalone desktop version and web version of the config tool - neither of which have the function you identified above to run the config tool from within the IDE.  

I did manage to find the integrated IDE version of the user's guide, but only from a Google search.  It would be good if you could pass on this feedback to the website administrator.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Geoff,

OK, thanks for your sharing.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos