Mfgtool-sd

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mfgtool-sd

nicolasbugnariu
Contributor I

Some time ago, Mark Peterson asked about a Mfgtool-sd.  An iMX6 device would boot from an SD card load the tool that would burn an os on the device eMMC.

Is this tool available?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nicolas

I am afraid such tool is not available, for programming images provided only mfg tool found on :

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nicolasbugnariu
Contributor I

Thank you Igor.  

I was referring to this exchange that happened few years ago.  Back then Li had a working prototype and was estimating ~2 months to complete the work.

Regards,

Nicolas

• Sounds great.   Mfgtool-SD would be extremely useful not only for mfg but for end-user system updates - if necessary.

What is the anticipated timeframe?

Like  0
  • Xingyu Li

ooh...I have to say thanks to you because you inspire me another way for end-user to update their devices.:)

Regarding to schedule, I hope I can finish it within 2 months. I have finished a prototype to show how the tool is running.

0 Kudos

nicolasbugnariu
Contributor I

In the i.MX Manufacturing Tool Customization Guide there is a reference to Mfgtools-CD as a preliminary version for Mfgtools.  It appears it does what I want to achieve. Booting the unit from SD and loading the OS binaries on the on-board eMMC.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos