cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTOS Support for i.MX6 Processor

senthil_k
Contributor I

Hi,

We are planning to use NXP i.MX6 processor in one of our project in which we have a 3D/2D Graphics requirement. It would be much helpful for us, if anyone provides the answer for the following doubts we are having in selection the RTOS for our project.

1. What are RTOS supported for this NXP i.MX6 processor (along with graphics driver availability in the RTOS)

2. Whether NXP provides any RTOS or simple OS along with the graphics driver for this processor??

With Thanks and Regards,

R.Senthilkumar

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Senthikumar,

i.MX6 processors only support FreeRTOS in i.MX6SX and i.MX7D which are the processors that include a Cortex A + Cartex M4. FreeRTOS BSP is designed for the M4 core and it does not have graphics support.

On the other hand our Linux BSPs provide driver for the GPU, please take a look to the following post for reference:

How to enable GPU and check GPU utilization on i.MX6Q? 

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

senthil_k
Contributor I

Thank You Mr.Carlos for clarifying my doubts.

0 Kudos