Is there any software way to out from Download mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alexanderandros
Contributor I

Hi Community!

I have a custom board based on IMX.6Quad processor.

When I start the board, I break u-boot flow through console, type "bmode usb" and the board successfully go into Download mode.

Something like a timeout.

Options with manual power down and reset are unsuitable.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexanderandros
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

thank you for your collaboration, but the link above was not our case.

I have to add some clarification:

We set eFUSE WDOG_ENABLE (0x460[21]). 

BOOT_MODE (BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 0b10) and BOOT_CFG (BOOT_CFG are overridden by GPIO)are configured as follow:
The primary boot device is an SD card, the secondary is eCSPI, then serial download mode.

We have checked following cases:
1. If the SD card and eCSPI are unavailable we fall directly into the serial download mode. The watchdog is enabled and will reset the CPU after 90 sec in both cases when the CPU has passed enumeration or not.

2. If the eCSPI is available we successfully boot u-boot image from it. Then we type "bmode usb" command in the u-boot prompt and fall into the serial download mode. But we never get a reset by the watchdog.

3. If the SD is available we successfully boot u-boot image from it. Then we type "bmode usb" command in the u-boot prompt and fall into the serial download mode. But we never get a reset by the watchdog.

We expected that in the case 2 and 3 the watchdog will reset the CPU as in case 1.

But the CPU stays in the serial download mode.

0 Kudos

lukaszmajewski
Contributor III

Hi Alexander,

Have you managed to find the answer for your question?

I also have a problem with the WDOG1 when the board (i.MX6Q) enters the "USB serial downloader" mode ('bmode usb'). In that case the WDT seems to be disabled - no timeout reset (this also causes broken 'reset' U-Boot command as it uses the WDT expiration internally).

However, the same SPL and U-Boot when flashed to SPI-NOR memory, after power cycle handle WDT properly. It seems like there is some mismatch in ROM behaviour.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexander,

please take a look to iMX6: how to trigger software reset 

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos