What addresses map to SRAM in the K64 sub-family?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What addresses map to SRAM in the K64 sub-family?

Jump to solution
briansilverman
Contributor I

"3.5.3.1 SRAM sizes" in the K64 Sub-Family Reference Manual (K64P144M120SF5RM Rev. 3, July 2017) lists the SRAM_U size for some parts (MK64FX512VMD12 for example) as 192K and SRAM_L as 64K, but then has a 192K address range. Is the address range wrong?

Note that the total SRAM is also listed as 256K in that table and other places, so I suspect the address range is the piece of information that's wrong, but it's hard to tell what's correct for sure.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

All K64 products with 256KB SRAM size, which address range is 0x1FFF_0000-0x2002_FFFF.

The K64 Sub-Family Reference Manual (K64P144M120SF5RM Rev. 3, July 2017) with incorrect info.

I will report that document issue to Kinetis product team.

Thanks for let us know it.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

All K64 products with 256KB SRAM size, which address range is 0x1FFF_0000-0x2002_FFFF.

The K64 Sub-Family Reference Manual (K64P144M120SF5RM Rev. 3, July 2017) with incorrect info.

I will report that document issue to Kinetis product team.

Thanks for let us know it.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Masmiseim
Senior Contributor I

Looks like an error in the Reference Manual, as all K64-derivates have 256KB RAM. The Address-Range of all K64 should be the same.