DEVKIT-S12VL128 encountered a problem launching debugger.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVKIT-S12VL128 encountered a problem launching debugger.

churyjeong
Contributor II

Dear NXP engineer. 

I have purchased DEVKIT-S12VL128 EVM board, and I tried to build and download "AN5389SW: LIN_Bootloader". 

First, I built "S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator" (Master Node part) on CodeWarrior Development Studio, 

CodeWarrior for MCU, version:11.0, Build Id: 170926.  

Error Popup Window says: 

'Launching S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator_FLASH_PnEU-MulitiLink' has encountered a problem. Would you like to export diagnostic information and send it to Freescale ? 

Error launching

S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator_FLASH_PnEU-MultiLink. 

Error launching S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator_FLASH_PnE U-MultiLink
HC/RS/S12Z GDI Protocol Adapter : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E device

What I did with the DEVKIT-S12VL128: 

#1) got the board out of the box.

#2) connected USB to my laptop PC. 

- In "device manager" , I can see "WICED USB JTAG Devices -> OSBDM/OSJTAG - Debug Port(http://www.permicro.com/osbdm

- USB driver seems to be installed well. 

#3)  In the build D:\LIN_Bootloader_AN5389SW\S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator\FLASH 

I can see "S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator.elf", which means "compile and link" has been completed successfully. 

#4) When I retried to download the image, 

"Power Cycle Diaglog" Popup windows came out, it says: 

"The target MCU is not responding. Please turn MCU power off(Under 0.1v), turn MCU power on, and then click OK. 

This will attempt to enter debug mode through a power on reset sequence". 

=> I pulled out the USB cable(which means the EVM board has powered off), and inserted the USB cable again(now the EVB is powered ON). and click "OK". 

then "P&E Connection Assistant" PopUp window came out. 

-> I pressed "Retry", but it showed the same "Power Cycle Diaglog" PopUp again. 

PnE_Conn_Assis_Windows.JPG

Please let me know what's wrong with the EVM board. and What should I do to fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

churyjeong
Contributor II

According to https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333149  

This web page is also offering “Getting Started” tab with the interactive quick start guidequite useless feature since the page forgets on necessary 12V power supply for MCU powering and it proposes old CW5.1 (Classic IDE) for S12(X) instead of CW10 (Eclipse IDE).

So, supplying power(12V), now debugger can be connected and can download the binary successfully. 

0 Kudos