Is it possible to use the CoreSight/PTM on any of the i.MX6 evaluation boards?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the CoreSight/PTM on any of the i.MX6 evaluation boards?

krzysztofchojno
Contributor I

The JTAG connector is available on the boards, for example MCIMXABASEV1, however I can't find any information about using it to obtain the trace using PTM. Can I use one of the available JTAG probes (J-Trace, Lauterbach trace) to obtain the trace in reat-time, or the only way to do this is the internal ETB ?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Krzysztof

please look at

LAUTERBACH 16bit ETM Adaptor on SABRE AI iMX6 Freescale eval board <EDGE to MICTOR 38> 

http://www2.lauterbach.com/pdf/training_arm_etm.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

krzysztofchojno
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the anwer. This is somethig that could work for me, however if I understand correctly I would need to produce this adaptor board. What about other multicore Cortex-A, like A7 or A53? Do you know any boards with ETM connector that is already available on the development board?

Thank you,

Krzysztof

0 Kudos