Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration of MM9Z1_i638 IBS with the latest Demo SW

churyjeong
Contributor II

Hi. 

I have read the Q&A about the calibration with MM9Z1 in the link below: 

Calibration of MM9Z1_i638 Battery monitring controller  

But the program is the SW used in the article seemed to be out-dated. 

I have purchased RD9Z1-638-12V EVM board to understand the IBS with MM9Z1. 

And I have downloaded the demo SW(Jan 2017) from the link below: 

12V Lead-acid Battery Sensor (BMS) with CAN|NXP 

After understanding the IBS, my target is to make my own IBS board with MM9Z1J638. 

So I need to do same things as RD9Z1-638-12V EVM board. 

Q1) In RD9Z1-638 EVM board, there is an sticker of "CAL COMP. VALUES", where ISENSE.GAIN/OFFSETS and VSENSE2.GAIN/OFFSETS are printed.   ISENSE:GAIN = 16, ISENSE.OFFSETS = 17,  VSENSE2.GAIN = 2, VSENSE2.OFFSETS = 11. The figures are calibrated data for the EVM board. 

When I built my own board, then how can I get the calibrated data(GAIN and OFFSETS for I and V) by using the latest DEMO SW ?  (I got "MM9Z1_638 IBS module calibration calculator" of MM9Z1_638_calibration_v2_1.xlsx file, but this calibration calculator is not match with the latest demo SW.) 

Or, should I roll-back to get the calibrated data to the out-dated SW(the example software of the RD9Z1-638-4Li) ? 

Please let me know how could you get the calibrated data on RD9Z1-638-12V in detail. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Q_man
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

please also check the general overview given in https://community.nxp.com/thread/466206.

On the software side you need to perform calibration measurements in a specific setup. There are already routines (e.g. CalibVsense, CalibIsense) for this in the calib.c/.h files.

You can e.g. call those routines and output the results using LIN or CAN or SCI interface (depending on hardware) or use the debugger to do it manually. Those calibration measurement results then have to be used with the "MM9Z1_638_calibration_v2_1.xlsx" excel file.

Rgds

W.

0 Kudos