S08QG8 fails to run or debug with VDD under 2.0V.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S08QG8 fails to run or debug with VDD under 2.0V.

Jump to solution
w_tension
Contributor III

My power source is a digital DC supplier. Things work fine when voltage is equal or above 2.0V. 

Then I turn down the voltage. It always displays this window, though I did re-powered. The chip is S08QG8.

TIM截图20171225173138.png

TIM截图20171225173521.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, the situation is as what you observed. Although the S08QG8 device is able to operate at 1.8V, it is required to pass the minimum level of Low Voltage Detect circuitry. When the device is powered on, the VDD ramp increases from 0V to VDD, but it is required passing the VLVDL threshold in order to allow the MCU to start operating. Thus, it is required to powering on the device with a VDD value greater than 1.9V (typical) in order to release the reset of LVD.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, the situation is as what you observed. Although the S08QG8 device is able to operate at 1.8V, it is required to pass the minimum level of Low Voltage Detect circuitry. When the device is powered on, the VDD ramp increases from 0V to VDD, but it is required passing the VLVDL threshold in order to allow the MCU to start operating. Thus, it is required to powering on the device with a VDD value greater than 1.9V (typical) in order to release the reset of LVD.

0 Kudos
w_tension
Contributor III

RM says MCU is in reset before rising over  typically 1.9V, How can I use it at 1.8V?

TIM截图20171225201642.png

0 Kudos