Release notes availability.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release notes availability.

LukeJ
Contributor II

I'm asking that release notes be updated when new versions are released.  I received notification today that 10.1.1 is available, but cannot find release notes.

Thank you.

4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just to confirm - the MCUXpresso IDE release notes available from nxp.com have now been updated to cover v10.1.1. You can find them on the documentation tab of the IDE product page at MCUXpresso IDE|NXP 

Note that the main documentation for v10.1.1 is unchanged from the original v10.1.0 docs.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

There is a URL for MCUxpresso release notes, but it has not been updated since the release of 10.1.0.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/release-note/MCUXpresso-RN.pdf

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, we agree - and this is the aim. Unfortunately due to timezone differences between various teams involved, the IDE installers have become available before the information on the new release could be sent live. The updated release notes should become available shortly. But in the meantime, the announcement (which gives the same details as in the release notes) is now available within the community at: 

MCUXpresso IDE v10.1.1 Now Available 

Note the release notes are also contained within the product install directory (the "readme" file), though I recognise that you have to have installed the product to see that version.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I second this.  Providing release notes alongside an updated tool is standard practice.  That said, the release notes provided once the tool has already been installed are as follows:

• Fixed an issue seen when importing a single SDK example, in which example-specific settings could in some circumstances be overridden by IDE defaults
  • Fixed an issue with SDK example import failing to set the correct memory definition in a generated project, in a situation where there is an example-specific memory configuration and also one in the manifest for the board itself.

So, doesn't look like anything too essential, unless you're affected by one of those two issues.

0 Kudos