adding processor expert to existing KMS project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding processor expert to existing KMS project

christophertsch
Contributor III

I am trying to use KDS processor expert on a KMS project. The KMS tool generates a basic project for the high voltage developer system with references to the Spintac code libraries and such. But my hardware is not quite the same and it would be a lot easier if the processor expert could figure out what I have configured for the HVP platform so that I can change it for my own hardware.

So how do I get the processor expert working in a KMS project that seems ignorant of the concept?

There is another post in KMS forum saying it should be possible but they never actually said how to do it.

Many thanks!

3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  CHRIS,

There is a DOC about how to add Processor Expert into bareboard project :

How to add Processor Expert to existing KDS bareboard project 

Also it seems there is a same with yours :

https://community.nxp.com/thread/458205  

Hope it helps

Alice

christophertsch
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your response. I tried the procedure "Adding PEx to KDS bareboard project (with SDK)". I got it to add a bunch of stuff to the KMS project but I have been unable to get it to build. I seem to be having a basic problem of where the source files should go since KMS puts them into the "src" directory and the processor expert puts them into "Source" directory. I had to move "main.c" into src for the compiler to find it but now basic stuff like "PE_low_level_init" is an undefined reference.

Would you suggest putting all of the ".c" files into one directory and if so which one?

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? It seems inconsistent for a tool like KMS that people buy for fast development would not be able to work with the processor expert, which is also touted for fast development.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Sorry I Know the KMS little,  I want to try it , could you please send  your KMS project which

can directly run on KDS.

And what about the SDK version of your KMS. does it based on KSDKv1.3 ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos