LPC1115 on NXP/Code Red eval. board: Does it work with MCUXpresso IDE on Apple?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1115 on NXP/Code Red eval. board: Does it work with MCUXpresso IDE on Apple?

kamfix
Contributor II

I used the above mentioned evaluation board including the #LPC-Link for Debugging. Does this board / µC work with MCUXpresso IDE? I use Apple MBP and OS 10.13.2 (High Sierra). After migrating from my old Laptop working on Mavericks, I experienced some problems getting LPCXpresso V. 8.2.2 to work: The built program cannot be transfered to the target ... :-/ 

... and the program crashes. Never experienced this before on Mavericks.

Before installing the new IDE I ask for your experience.

Your comment is greatly apreciated.

Ciao, Andreas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The potential issue with LPC-Link debug interfaces related to the DFU boot phase and OS changes. However, I can confirm that MCUXpresso IDE running on High Sierra has been tested with LPC-Link debug interface.

Yours,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

kamfix
Contributor II

Hi Support,

thanks for your reply. As it seems, the mentionend combination of Mac OS and MCUXpresso seems to work. After trying for some hours and days, I come back to community.

Right now I have installed the  LPCOpen SDK for the board/MCU. All this is fine, I can write a program as well as building. I used the blue bug button for intended building/downloading/debugging. When it comes to downloading to the target, I saw some different behavior from time to time.

1. There was an attempt to download. I could see a message in the status bar (bottom left), but no message like "successfully finished". A second try told me, there were a process already running, therefore it would not be possible. (Of course. I had no chance to stop anything. In LPCXpresso I would have hit the red square button. Here not possible to select.)
  2. Just a crash and shut down of MCUXpresso.
  3. It worked fine once with the blinky example.
  4. It seemed to have downloaded, when starting to debug in steps, it worked fine for some steps, but then nothing happened any more on pushing the step into or whatever button. The buttons stopped being able to be selected.

I do not know what to to anymore. There seems to be a big problem with Java. Look at the report shown to me after last crash:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fff5f85e08d, pid=891, tid=0x0000000000000307
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_141-b15) (build 1.8.0_141-b15)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.141-b15 mixed mode bsd-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libsystem_platform.dylib+0x508d]  _platform_memmove$VARIANT$Haswell+0x16d
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /var/folders/6p/dznyqnls23j71x1nsvm735_w0000gp/T//hs_err_pid891.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Abort trap: 6
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...3 completed.
[Prozess beendet]

I have got a crash report by the OS. Tell me, if that is of any use to you.

Thanks for any help on solving this funny behavior. I would like to start programing again ...

Ciao, Andreas

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have observed that faults can occur within Eclipse operations on High Sierra when certain screen resolutions are selected. On our test machines, the native screen resolution of 1080p shows not faults, whereas a 1280 x 1024 resolution does. This remains under investigation.

Please also see the thread below:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/461733 

Yours,

MCUXpresso Support

kamfix
Contributor II

Thanks to support team! Finally I would like to mention for now, neither LPCXpresso nor MCUXpresso IDE Version 10.1.0_589 does work on Mac OS High Sierra. I am waiting for an update.

Ciao, Andreas

0 Kudos

kamfix
Contributor II

Update:

LPCXpresso runs on Mac OS 10.13.

Thanks to support.

Ciao Andreas

0 Kudos