cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 Yocto rocko u-boot eim nor image

sijilcv
Contributor II

Hi,

I am in a process of migrating our imx6qpsabreauto morty build system to rocko and I am facing issue with generating u-boot image for eimnor.

I found like now the machine file got changed from imx6qpsabreauto to imx6qdlsabreauto

But I am not bale to generate eimnor image there is no option to specify  UBOOT_CONFIG 

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'u-boot-fslc'
u-boot-fslc was skipped: You cannot use UBOOT_MACHINE and UBOOT_CONFIG at the same time.

Is it possible to specify u-boot to be build is for EIM-NOR without doing any extra patch in config files ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

sijilcv
Contributor II

Is u-boot-imx available for yocto rocko ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

latest nxp official linux bsp Linux 4.9.11_1.0.0 described in

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

sijilcv
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

As per the release note L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga 06/2017  Its says Yocto Morty version as the latest. 

Does Yocto Rocko version bsp is released ?

what is the latest official Freescale support Yocto version ?

I am still facing the same error when i try to build u-boot with yocto rocko.  

#bitbake u-boot-imx-mfgtool

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'u-boot-imx-mfgtool'
u-boot-imx-mfgtool was skipped: You cannot use UBOOT_MACHINE and UBOOT_CONFIG at the same time.

Regards

Sijil CV

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sijil

please look at

difference between Yocto Community BSP and Freescale BSP Release 

nxp official bsps are described on

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sijil

for "u-boot-fslc" (community version of uboot) issues please post on

uboot mail list U-Boot Info Page 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos