How to communicate between M4 and A9 running linux on i.MX6SoloX?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate between M4 and A9 running linux on i.MX6SoloX?

ernestlih
Contributor II

Hello,

I consider using i.MX6soloX. And I have a question about dual core communication.

Linux will run on A9 for GUI and signal processing will be done on M4.  I wonder whether A9 running linux and M4 can exhange data. As for amount of data, 4kB/s needs to be sent to A9 from M4 and 1kB/s to M4 from A9.

Best Regards,

Ernest

0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ernestlih
Contributor II

Hello Joan,

Thanks for your answer.

I have decided to use i.MX6 Solo and a seperate DSP instead of using i.MX6 Solox for some reasons.

i.MX6 evaluation board is available only for automotive. My application is for industrial market not for automotive.

Can I purchase a i.MX6 Solo SABRE board?

Best Regards,

Ernest

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can buy imx6DL SDP board

SABRE Platform for Smart Devices|NXP 

0 Kudos

vadimfilippenko
Contributor II

Dear Joan Xie,
1. how can I use second link to rpmsg code?
2. I am running pingpong application OK and I can compile this appl in eclipse for M4 SoloX COM.
But I have some problems to compile for A9/linux. I've built toolchain and other images with bitbake, but can't build the chain in eclipse with headers files like linux/module.h which mentioned in rpmsg example. I can't find out which sources/folders should I use. Could you help me with a piece of advise?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for the second link the patch I sent to you , one can find the path is "/drivers/rpmsg/Kconfig "

to apply the patch,

rpmsg-sysfs/rpmsg_sysfs_interface.patch at master · codeauroraforum/rpmsg-sysfs · GitHub