Problem using multiple LPC-LINK2-programmed LPCXpresso54102 boards simultaneously

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using multiple LPC-LINK2-programmed LPCXpresso54102 boards simultaneously

jkebay
Contributor I

I have two LPCXpresso54102 boards that are both flashed as LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP/virtual-com debuggers using the 'Program LPC-Link2 with CMSIS-DAP' utility (I'm not using the MCUXpresso IDE). Each works fine alone (I can debug as CMSIS-DAP and I get a virtual com port), but when I try to connect both simultaneously the second device doesn't work - it shows up in the device manager as a USB Composite Device with an error and status "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.". I'm using Windows 10. Is there a way to get both devices to work simultaneously?

According to this it looks like this should be possible: Using Multiple LPC-Link2 debug probes . The two boards have unique serial numbers (both are unique variations of ????BQKQ). My IDE indicates both are programmed with firmware version 1.10. I'm using the latest LPC-LinkII UCOM driver (2.0.0.0).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jkebay
Contributor I

I just tried plugging both devices directly into my PC and now it works fine - I get two separate debug interfaces and two VCOM ports, and both work fine.  Previously I had both devices plugged into a USB 3.0 hub.  Not sure if I was running out of bandwidth or there was some other driver-related issue when going through the hub, but this solution is fine.  Thanks for the idea.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sounds like you are running out of USB bandwidth. It also sounds like you have programmed in very very old Link2 firmware.

Try using LPCScrypt (http://www.nxp.com/lpcscrypt) to program up both probes with the latest firmware, and make sure you program at least one of the debug probes with "non-bridged" version of the firmware. The "LPC-Link2 Debug Probe Firmware Programming Guide" supplied as part of LPCScrypt explains how to do this.

This will mean that one of your probes looses vcom port capability but should reduce the USB bandwidth requirements sufficiently to generally allowing debugging of both setups to be carried out in parallel. (Note that you may need to reboot your PC first though).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos