Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab module running problem in MPC5744 DevKit

Jump to solution
czlyu
Contributor I

Hello Sir or Madam ,

We’re trying to program an existing application generated with Model Based Design Toolbox into the MPC5744P DevKit using the RAppID_BL.exe application via Serial Port (connected with PC via the USB port). The compiler is S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture Version 2017.R1. The example is from Motor Control Course and we followed every step shown in the ADC programming video (Motor Control Class: ADC PROGRAMMING).

The RBF file has flashed into the MPC5744, and Simulink (Matlab2015b) has successfully built the program and created the executable file .elf, and then automatically called the RAppID_BL.exe to download this file into the MPC5744 DevKit. The whole process went well without any error even warning.

However, we found that the program may not run because the Pot_value has no value in the FreeMaster. My problem is that we missed some setups or the S32 Design Studio 2017.R1 needed Updates and Patches to guarantee the executable file can be correctly built?

The attached is the program we created. Could you please check it and provide some support?

Thank you!

Best,
Lyu
Central South University, China.

1 Solution
czlyu
Contributor I

Hello Daniel

The application has worked correctly on the MPC5744 DevKit. Thanks a lot for ur help!

Best,

Lyu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ni Hao czlyu‌,

Please apply the HotFix_3 from here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/451804#comment-916493 

Since the toolbox was release before the S32DS version you are using and there are some changes in the latest GCC Linker that comes with S32DS which are not compatible with the linker files used by the toolbox.

The HotFix_3 replaces these files in the toolbox and will make the application work correctly on the target.

Hope it helps!

Daniel

czlyu
Contributor I

Hello Daniel

The application has worked correctly on the MPC5744 DevKit. Thanks a lot for ur help!

Best,

Lyu

0 Kudos