Bootloader for the MC9S08DZ32

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader for the MC9S08DZ32

MikeM
Contributor III

I am using CodeWarrior Development Studio Version 10.6.4 for the MC9S08DZ32 target MCU. I am  trying to create an application along with a bootloader. I have never done this before and have been struggled for 3 days with little success. I read document after document and searched the internet but still have been unsuccessful. I need someone to show me step by step. Can I put the application and bootloader in the same project or do I need to build 2 separate projects? I've attached 2 pics of the MCU settings. Please help and let me know what else you need to see in order to help me.

thanks so much in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike,

Bootloader can be implemented by either with application together or separately.

This depends on user's requirement.

For the developer, implementing bootloader with app together could be easier to debug. Thus I recommend you refer this article

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-238265 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

MikeM
Contributor III

Hello Jennie,

I went to that link you provided and downloaded HCS08PT60_Series_SCI_bootloader_培训_20130320.pdf but I can't read Chinese :-) My wife can but I'd rather have it in English. Where can I get an English version? Thank you so much.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike,

This document was made by our Chinese colleague in a local seminar .there is no English generated.

Unfortunately, the author is no long working in our company now. Thus no English version can be created.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos