cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLL of KEA-128?

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Is it that a clock Mode with FLL is the Most accurate and reliable clock mode ????

If so why ??? Please Provide an elaborate explanation?

5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vignesh,

This is nearly the same question about the clock source.

About the clock accurate and reliable, it is determined by the clock source, if you use the inaccurate clock source, even you use the FLL, you can't get the accurate clock.

FLL locks the frequency to 1280 times the internal or external reference frequency. It can enlarge the clock source frequent.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mohammedaboelna
Contributor III

Hello Kerry,

Regarding your reply;

FLL locks the frequency to 1280 times the internal or external reference frequency.

I just wonder what exact wait time should I wait for FLL to be locked on that (1280 * external reference clock).

Could you help please ?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely;

Mohammed Aboelnasr.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammed AboeInasr,

Please check this post:

KE/KEA POR Sequence and ICS Module Investigation 

There has the FLL stable time.

Wish it helps you!

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jing,

Thank you. I had a small confusion here. now I got Clarity Regarding Core Clock.I just wanted to know which core Clock Mode is the most Stable, Reliable and accurate of  All????

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vignesh,

Please read the FLL function:

Frequency-locked loop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The clock mode with FLL will more stable than other none FLL mode.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

0 Kudos