LPC11U6x - Can I change the drive's name of USB MSC DFU mode ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11U6x - Can I change the drive's name of USB MSC DFU mode ?

bt_lee
Contributor II

In USB MSC DFU mode (PIO0_1=LOW, PIO0_3=HIGH) of LPC11U6x's ROM Bootloader,

The LPC11U6x device is recognized as a USB drive in Windows, macOS.

But the USB storage drive name is determined according to CRP mode setting.

Can I change the drive's name - not 'CRP xxxx' ?  or Can't I do that with ROM Bootloader ?

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bt. Lee,

The USB MSC DFU mode of the LPC11U6X's ROM bootloader is fixed, you can't change the CRP name, even you modify it manually, the next you enter the USB MSC ROM bootloader, the name will be back to CRP DISABLD.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bt_lee
Contributor II
0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bt.Lee,

I am sorry for my later reply.

Yes, you are right, you can't modify the USB ROM bootloader, but you can use the secondary bootloader.

If you use that post code, and want to modify the drive's name.

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

bt_lee
Contributor II

If so, how can I make it? 

Should I use secondary bootloader myself?

Please, can you let me know about the reference or example code ? I'm using LPC11U68JBD100 + LPCOpen + MCUXpresso. I don't have deep knowledge about USB MSC DFU bootloader. 

:smileysad: Where can I search, what can I search?

0 Kudos