cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kw41z in 6loble mode sends ICMPv6 pkts with bad checksum

vakulgarg
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am creating a 6loble setup between a kw41z-frdm board running ipv6_node example application and a linux machine connected with another kw41z-frm board running ble_hci_app firmware.

My SDK version is 2.2.

On my linux machine, I am using 6lowpan modules and following steps as given in: 

FTF-HMB-N1962_IPv6 over BLUETOOTH Low Energy (6LoBLE) .pdf .

(Note that I am not using GL.inet as described in above presentation, but using own linux machine to connect directly to kw41z-frdm board).

The BLE link between two kw41z-frdm is established. Now from ipv6_node example's shell, I do a ping to linux's ipv6 link-local address. On wireshark at linux, I can see ICMPv6 echo requests coming. But all of them get discarded as the linux could not verify checksum in ICMPv6 packets. Linux 'netstat -s -6' shows icmpv6 discard statistics count increasing. Wireshark shows that checksum is bad.

(I tried another scenario where on one kw41z-frdm board, I run ipv6_router and on second ipv6_node.

After establishing the BLE link between them, ping does not work in this case too.)

Kindly help.

Regards

Vakul

PS: On mcuxpresso environment, I could not search 'C' code for function ICMP_ComputeTxChecksum6().

Only header file declaration could be searched.

Tags (2)
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Sorry for the late response, I have been trying to reproduce the issue but I'm having some issues. Could you please tell me which Linux distribution are you using?

Did you installed any additional packages? I'll keep trying to reproduce it, but it would be very helpful for me if you could share more details on how are you configuring the environment. 

Best regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

vakulgarg
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you reproduce the problem?

Regards

Vakul

0 Kudos

vakulgarg
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am using fedora core 26. The kernel version is 4.13.1. 
I am not sure about the additional packages question.

0 Kudos