Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q mfgtools for android 7.1.2_2.0.0 problem

Jump to solution
kingplayer
Contributor II

hi nxp,

the mfgtools of Android 7.1.2_2.0.0 for imx6q not work;

I download the android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_tools.tar.gz form nxp.com, and unzip it, but there is no                       mfgtools.tar.gz, but have mfgtools.zip, the size is only 4.28Mbytes;  after unzip, the sub dir is clean;

thanks for help !

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

So sorry for late reply. Due to our network problem, I can not login in and give reply to you. Here the newest android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_tools.tar.gz mfgtool in our website has been realeased now, you can donwnload it. It works well. Thanks a lot for your quesions.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

12 Replies
kingplayer
Contributor II

6 days, nobody know the this problem, just tools problem

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It's the tool problem, and the it has update in our website, please have a check.

0 Kudos
kingplayer
Contributor II

update:

partition-table.img is the new img file on andorid 7.1.2 release;  but the ucl2.xml from the previous mfgtool release not have partition-table.img, so the partition-table.img not flashing to the board;

the borad can not bring up after flashing with the previous mfgtool, can't find partition:boot

this is the log:

U-Boot 2017.03 (Sep 20 2017 - 00:38:39 +0800)

CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.5 996 MHz (running at 792 MHz)
CPU: Automotive temperature grade (-40C to 125C) at 38C
Reset cause: POR
Model: Freescale i.MX6 Quad SABRE Smart Device Board
Board: MX6-SabreSD
DRAM: 1 GiB
PMIC: PFUZE100! DEV_ID=0x10 REV_ID=0x21
MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

No panel detected: default to Hannstar-XGA
Display: Hannstar-XGA (1024x768)
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
flash target is MMC:2
Net: No ethernet found.
can't find partition: misc, dump the partition table
idx 0, ptn 0 name='gpt' start=0 len=2048
idx 1, ptn 0 name='bootloader' start=2 len=2046
idx 2, ptn 1 name='mmcsdc1' start=16384 len=65536
idx 3, ptn 2 name='mmcsdc2' start=83968 len=65536
idx 4, ptn 0 name='' start=0 len=0
cannot get the partion info for misc
Cannot find partition 4080
do_raw_read failed, ret 1
read_bootctl, bcb_rw_block read failed
read command failed

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

So sorry for late reply. Due to our network problem, I can not login in and give reply to you. Here the newest android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_tools.tar.gz mfgtool in our website has been realeased now, you can donwnload it. It works well. Thanks a lot for your quesions.
Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If the directory does not exist, create the android/sabresd directory under MFGTool-Dir/Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/
files/.
You can rerfer to the "Android_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf" as our engineer told you above.

kingplayer
Contributor II

Hi Rita Wang,

can you opened the tool on android7.1.2?   i still opened failed !

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I will try to download the demo images and ues the mfgtool to dowload the images to my i.MX6Q board. And then give you reply.
Have a great day,
Rita

0 Kudos
kingplayer
Contributor II

hi Rita Wang

any result?

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

N7.1.2. MFG tool package on the Web is empty. Please look at "Android_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf",

in particular at section 3.3 (Flashing board images) how to use files from OS (demo) images, that may be

found on the Web.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-335604 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
kingplayer
Contributor II

yes,i try to flash the demo images, but the MFG tool can not open, does some files in the N7.1.2. MFG tool package missing?

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have try download and unzip it. The mfgtools.zip is 4.28Mbytes and you need to unzip it. Then you can see all the mfgtool files here

mfgtool.PNG

Here you can try to download the tool again, the link is :

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp 

Have a great day,
Rita

0 Kudos
kingplayer
Contributor II

first thanks for your response; and i means after  unzip the  mfgtools.zip, all sub dir is empty, mfgtools  can not opened

the size of mfgtools.zip on andorid 7.1.1 version is 62.4Mbytes, all sub dir have files; Document, Drivers, Profiles etc. and it work fine on android 7.1.1; but android7.1.2 can not open;

0 Kudos