Threadx Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threadx Support

robertgrimshaw
Contributor I

What was the most recent version of CodeWarrior that supported ThreadX and is there any way to download that version, trial license or otherwise?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Robert,

It seems ThreadX doesn't support CW, maybe you can find more information on Threadx site:

RTOS - Real-Time Operating Systems for Embedded Development, Real Time System By Express Logic 

About downloading CodeWarrior , you can refer to your device find the related version:

CodeWarrior Embedded Software Development Tools|NXP 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

robertgrimshaw
Contributor I

The folks at Express Logic told me there was a ThreadX plugin that Freescale maintained and included in installation of CodeWarrior.  The page you linked to is a Kinetis development page, but I'm actually debugging a ColdFire v3 chip.  The ThreadX Debuggers page lists CodeWarrior as a debugger and describes how to use the ThreadX plugin.  An archived whitepaper on NXP's website shows CW version 7.1 supported ThreadX.  I tried installing the evaluation version of 7.1 from the NXP website but did not see any signs of ThreadX compatibility, in particular no ThreadX option for the OS in the CF Debugger options.  There were no options at all, just "BareBoard".  Are any of the other archived versions that ship with a plugin for ThreadX?

0 Kudos