cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using KIT LCD15.6" Touch LCD with imx6 sabre infotainment platform

taesungheo
Contributor I
Hello all,

I am trying to connect KIT LCD 15.6" Touch LCD ( from UDOO ) with Imx6 Sabre Infotainment platform by NXP.

Specifically, the board I am using from NXP is combination of MCIMX6xAICPU2 (with sabre quad cpu) and MCIMXABASEV1 (base board).

I uploaded Yocto OS to Imx6 Sabre Infotainment platform using SD card.
I managed to match the LVDS pin maps between UDOO LCD panel and Imx6 Infotainment board.
Also, I properly powered 12V to the UDOO LCD using EXT POWER provided by NXP's base board.
And I changed the U-boot environment settings to use my first monitor as LVDS with 1366x768 resolution as below.
>> setenv mmcargs "setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} rootwait rw video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,1024x600M@60,if=RGB666"

But the UDOO LCD does not display anything, and seems like the backlight is not also getting powered.
If there is anyone who succeeded in connecting the UDOO's LCD to any imx6 processor board from NXP, I would greatly appreciate if you could provide some hints regarding this.

Thank you all.
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Taesung

please adjust lcd timings using examples on

i.MX6Q LVDS Wrong clock issue 

How to change SABRE-SD screen resolution in LOLLIPOP(5.0.0? 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

taesungheo
Contributor I

Hi igor,

Where is the dts file?

Is the file located under Yocto building source folder at Ubuntu machine? 

Or is it located at SD card?

0 Kudos