How to build QT-5 support into fsl-image-gui image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build QT-5 support into fsl-image-gui image?

Jump to solution
listplot3d
Contributor III

Description(short version)

My imx6ulevk board is running with image from "bitbake fsl-image-gui" (DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11), with kernel v4.1.15_2.1.0. How to run QT-5 application on it?

Description(long version)

I have read this post from Enable QT developement for i.MX6UL  from XinyuChen‌, about a wayland branch that enables QT. However, this branch has driver stability issues and doesn't include latest features.

How to build QT support into fsl-image-gui in main branch? What's the minimal change set in that could get a simple QT-5 hello world running on it? I know about QT Creator part, but hope anyone can point out the image build part.

Thanks & Regards

-Shawn

0 Kudos
1 Solution
listplot3d
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. Problem is kind of solved.

In <imx yocto project user's guide>, it states that,

fsl-image-qt5 Builds an opensource Qt 5 image. These images are only supported for i.MX SoC with hardware graphics. They are not supported on the i.MX 6UltraLite, i.MX 6UltraLiteLite, and i.MX 7Dual.

so my evaluation board is not supported.

in <i.MX_Linux_Release_Notes>, it states that,

Qt 5 works on SoCs without hardware graphics for Frame Buffer and X11 graphic backends only using mesa
software graphics, but it is not supported.

so if lucky, I should be able to get a hello world application work.

Then I used the fsl-image-qt5, then found 10 qt application on desktop, then found only one of them worked -- good enough to moving forward from current post:)

Thanks & Regards

-Shawn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shawn

for more features and stability one can consider commercial qt5,

qt5 general support in nxp bsps is described in sect.Table 1. i.MX Yocto project

images attached Yocto Guide.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
listplot3d
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. Problem is kind of solved.

In <imx yocto project user's guide>, it states that,

fsl-image-qt5 Builds an opensource Qt 5 image. These images are only supported for i.MX SoC with hardware graphics. They are not supported on the i.MX 6UltraLite, i.MX 6UltraLiteLite, and i.MX 7Dual.

so my evaluation board is not supported.

in <i.MX_Linux_Release_Notes>, it states that,

Qt 5 works on SoCs without hardware graphics for Frame Buffer and X11 graphic backends only using mesa
software graphics, but it is not supported.

so if lucky, I should be able to get a hello world application work.

Then I used the fsl-image-qt5, then found 10 qt application on desktop, then found only one of them worked -- good enough to moving forward from current post:)

Thanks & Regards

-Shawn

0 Kudos