cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW6.3 installation on WIN7&10

yuxichen
Contributor I

Hello,

The problem is after clicking "setup", it cannot be installed successfully, after "copying files" as picture 1, it skips to picture 2, said it was interrupted.

Thanks in advance.

1.png

2.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

srinivasubatchu
Contributor I

Yes. I have also seen same as Yuxi has reported.  Starts the installation by coping the files by opening a window and abruptly stops and prompts that installation completed and exit.  

Can you please suggest which CodeWarrior version is suitable for "Windows 10 Pro - ver 1511, 4GB RAM" system.and HC08/ HCS08 and HCS12 Micro-Controllers. 

I request that if anybody has downloaded the Codewarrior 10 or 11 versions from NXP website and installed in windows 10 systems, please suggest your views and details so that we will follow you. 

Thanks & Regards

Srinivasu Batchu.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no problem for me to find msi file inside CW6.3 install package. see my video here

Codewarrior Ver6.3 installation in Windows 10, 64 bit system 

BUT please note, "How-to Directly Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Classic in Windows 7 & 10 x64 (Unofficial Method) ". is unofficial method, NXP can't provide technical support

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yuxi

CW6.3 was released before win7/10 released time. It can not support 64bit win7/10.

If you use 64bit win7/10 and HCS08 device, I suggest you use CW10 instead

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP 

There is a workaround provided by our customer. But officially NXP can not provide support for this workaround:

https://community.nxp.com/message/310577 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

srinivasubatchu
Contributor I

Hello, I have tried to install CodeWarrior V6.3 in my Windows 10/ 64 bit system. I have downloaded "CodeWarrior for Micro controllers CW_MCU_V6_3_SE.exe" file and using 7Zip, I have extracted the files, but I could not find "CW_MCUs_V6_3.msi" file to run RemoveOSCheck.   

Followed NXP provided installation procedure  "How-to Directly Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Classic in Windows 7 & 10 x64 (Unofficial Method) . but I could not find  "CW_MCUs_V6_3.msi" file from the extracted folder. 

Please help me, where can I get the msi file to install in my Windows 10/ 64 bit System.

Srinivasu Batchu

India.

e-mail      srinivasb.ece@raghuenggcollege.in     bsv369@gmail.com   

0 Kudos