LS1021A : When I bitbake fsl-image-full in the ubuntu14.04,errors occurs.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A : When I bitbake fsl-image-full in the ubuntu14.04,errors occurs.

Jump to solution
Contributor III

the errors like this:

WARNING: Could not copy license file /home/huanghao/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1021atwr/tmp/work/ls1021atwr-fsl-linux-gnueabi/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git/COPYING to /home/huanghao/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1021atwr/tmp/work/ls1021atwr-fsl-linux-gnueabi/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/license-destdir/linux-qoriq/COPYING: [Errno 40] Too many levels of symbolic links: '/home/huanghao/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1021atwr/tmp/work/ls1021atwr-fsl-linux-gnueabi/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git/COPYING'
ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/huanghao/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1021atwr/tmp/work/ls1021atwr-fsl-linux-gnueabi/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.6316)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/huanghao/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1021atwr/tmp/work/ls1021atwr-fsl-linux-gnueabi/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.6316
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| cp: cannot stat '/home/huanghao/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1021atwr/tmp/work/ls1021atwr-fsl-linux-gnueabi/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git/arch/arm/configs/ls1021a_defconfig': Too many levels of symbolic links
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/huanghao/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1021atwr/tmp/work/ls1021atwr-fsl-linux-gnueabi/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.6316)
ERROR: Task 47 (/home/huanghao/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-qoriq_4.1.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2607 tasks of which 151 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/huanghao/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-qoriq_4.1.bb, do_configure

I have no idea about this.Can anyone help me?

1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

See also the following page in NXP community abut EULA:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/445051

Please apply the following patch to fix it:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/yocto/meta-nxp-npi.git/commit/?h=jethro-sdk-v2.0-ga-17.03

Change the linux-qoriq_4.1.bbappend file. Attached file contains corrected linux-qoriq_4.1.bbappend file. Path for this file is the following:

/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-nxp-npi-1703/recipes-kernel/linux$ ls

linux-qoriq_4.1.bbappend

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vr80
Contributor I

tried to build the full image,  bitbake fsl-image-full

please see the error, I found.

ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/vr/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_b4860qds-64b/tmp/work/b4860qds_64b-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.1727)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/vr/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_b4860qds-64b/tmp/work/b4860qds_64b-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.1727

Then I tried to apply the patch, mentioned above, but it is not available. 

Please suggest me how can I fix it.

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please apply the following patch to fix it:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/yocto/meta-nxp-npi.git/commit/?h=jethro-sdk-v2.0-ga-17.03

Change the linux-qoriq_4.1.bbappend file. Attached file contains corrected linux-qoriq_4.1.bbappend file. Path for this file is the following:

/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-nxp-npi-1703/recipes-kernel/linux$ ls

linux-qoriq_4.1.bbappend

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Contributor III

Thank you, man.

everything is all right.

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use the similar command sequence for NOR Flash. Create partition on your NOR Flash and use rootfs.tar.gz.file from this NOR Flash.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos
Contributor III

Hi,Pavel.

When I bitbake menuconfig,it shows errors that Too many levels of symbolic links again.

I can bitbake fsl-image-minimal correctly,but bitbake fsl-image-full and menuconfig can't work fine.

What 's the step 6 that install SDK 2.0-1703?

Does  it mean that after installing  QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0-1703,execute <sdk v2.0-1703-install-directory>/install,and specify the <QorIQ-ios-source-install-directory>?if it's right,I did it too.

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Sections 4.4.4.8.4 and 4.4.4.8.5 of NXP SDK 2.0-1703 documentation:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

These sections contain information about deployment rootfs on SD card and QSPI Flash.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Contributor III

Thank you ,Pavel.But I just use the nor flash to boot.

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually use the following command sequence for SDK installing under Ubuntu 14.04:

1. sudo apt-get install ubuntu-minimal ubuntu-standard patch vim-common sed wget subversion git-core coreutils libbonobo2-common unzip texi2html texinfo libsdl1.2-dev docbook-utils gawk python-pysqlite2 diffstat make gcc build-essential xz-utils g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev autoconf automake groff libtool xterm libncurses5-dev cvs tofrodos

1. a) command: ls -l /bin/sh

1. b) command: sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

Answer after password – No

Removing 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by bash'

Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by bash'

1. c) command for checking: ls -l /bin/sh

1. mount SDK 2.0 .iso file
  2. cd <sdk-install-dir>.
  3. ./sources/meta-freescale/scripts/host-prepare.sh

Usually Linux recommends also run the following command: sudo usr/sbin/visudo

1. install SDK 2.0-1703
  2. bitbake fsl-image-minimal

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Contributor III

Thank you,Pavel.

And one more question,how can I change the rootfs?

Should I mount the image.ext2.gz.uboot to change the rootfs?

0 Kudos