Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF3001 unused LICELL pin

Jump to solution
torus1000
Contributor V

Hi

I'm confusing recommended external cap value for LICELL pin because there are vary as following.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PF3001.pdf

p9 Coin cell supply input/output. Bypass with 0.1 μF capacitor. Connect to optional coin cell.

p40 Coin cell battery backup
      A 0.47 μF capacitor should be placed from LICELL to ground under all circumstances.

p41 Table 57. Coin cell charger external components
      LICELL bypass capacitor 100 nF

p79 Figure 26. Typical application schematic
      220nF

I guess the value in p9,p41 and p79 for the cap with coin cell and the value in p40 for the cap (with or) without coin cell.

Now I think there is no issue to eliminate coin cell like following.
https://community.nxp.com/message/819606

Which one recommended 0.1uF or 0.47uF for the cap of LICELL pin without coin cell?

Can anyone help me?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Typically, a 100nF capacitor should be used with the connected coincell, and 0.47uF one - without a coincell.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Typically, a 100nF capacitor should be used with the connected coincell, and 0.47uF one - without a coincell.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos