cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK2.2 and LPC546xx - USB examples

phateee
Contributor II

Hello,

I would like to ask if somebody tried an examples USB  - SDK_2.2_LPCXpresso54608.zip?

I tried boards\lpcxpresso54608\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom and boards\lpcxpresso54608\usb_examples\usb_host_hid_mouse and these examples doesn't work...I use LPCexpresso V10.

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suspect that when you import the project, you have semihosting output enabled (so that printf, for example, is displayed into the IDE's debugger console view). If you then try to execute the application other than via the debugger then the semihosting operation will fail and cause the application to enter the hard fault handler. This may well prevent your application reaching the point where USB is enabled - hence why you might not be seeing the vcom port.

See the supplied MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide for more details, with good places to start being:

• Section 6.1.1, "SDK Example Import Wizard: Basic Selection" (and note the check box indicated by "4" in figure 6.3.)
  • Section 11.4, "What is Semihosting"

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

Hello,

I resolved the problem:smileyhappy: 

usb1.png

usb2.png

And I think, that for the character sending has to use: usb_echo function. But then I did debug and I found, that I have to use another mechanism:

while (1)
{
APPTask();

s_sendSize = 3;
s_currSendBuf[0] = 'A';
s_currSendBuf[1] = 'A';
s_currSendBuf[2] = 'A';

And it works:)

I think, that SDK examples needs one example with a basic function for users, which are moving on LPC546xx from lower series...

Thx

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

Hello,

I tried example:

boards\lpcxpresso54608\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom_lite

I import this  SDK example from SDK_2.2_LPCXpresso54608.zip in LPCexpresso v10. Then I translated this example in LPCexpresso and then I load the *.axf into processor. And nothing happens.

In this example there is file:

boards\lpcxpresso54608\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom_lite\bm\dev_cdc_vcom_lite_bm.bin

So I boot the processor into USB DFU mode, I rewrite file dev_cdc_vcom_lite_bm.bin on firmware.bin and then I load this file into processor. And it works :smileyhappy: 

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

And I have  MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2_411 and Olimex board 13094 with LPC546xx.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please try the suggestions you can find in the below thread:

SDK_2.1_FRDM-K66F USB Device CDC VCOM 

Please let me know if this helps!

Have a great day,
Soledad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

Hi,

no it doesn't work. I import an example from sdk, translate the code and load the code into a processor. But it doesn't work. I use MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2_411 and in the forum ther is EWARM 7.80.4....

I don't see any VCOM port...

0 Kudos