cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project dependency

Jump to solution
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

This is probably a very basic question, and forgive me since Google isn't coming up with what I'm looking for.  I'm migrating a project from KDS to MCUXpresso.  Many moons ago, I had dependencies working so if a library was rebuilt because of a source change, the main project would be rebuilt to link in the new library.  I've set up the projects with the same hierarchy I had in KDS.  The main project links in the libraries generated, and has those projects are listed in "project references".  It builds the individual libraries OK if I modify a source, but it doesn't automatically rebuild the main.  What was the trick to make it aware that the main depends on the others?  I've compared settings in KDS, and it appears I have the same settings, but I must be missing something.

pastedImage_1.png

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

maybe Managing Project and Library Dependencies with Eclipse CDT | MCU on Eclipse  is what you are looking for?

Erich

0 Kudos
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Thank you Erich, that was what I needed.  It was the adding the lib objects to the miscellaneous objects in the linker settings that did the trick.